The built-in “Chat” function enables you to send and receive messages to colleagues and web visitors, if you have configured the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin on your website.
- Chat Actions - select menu action to:
- “Transfer” the discussion to another user.
- “End chat session” with website visitor.
- “Archive” move a conversation to your archives folder without deleting it.
- “Delete” the selected chat discussion and confirm to remove.
- “Block anonymous user” - select the time period and reason to block the user’s IP for calls and messages.
- Incoming Chat Toaster - quickly view incoming chats and click to “Reply” or “Ignore”.
- Send Images & Files - drag-and-drop or select and send:
- Documents: Acrobat (PDF), MS Office (DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX), plain and rich text (TXT, RTF).
- Images: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, WEBP, TIFF, and HEIF.
Chat & Call with Website Visitors
If you have the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin configured on your site, you can use the “Chat” function to converse or even call your website visitors:
- Incoming messages appear under the name provided by the web visitor, or the default “WebVisitor” name.
- The “Take” action enables a specific agent to take ownership of a conversation and all chats, within that conversation, come directly to that agent. If “Phone” mode is configured in 3CX Live Chat & Talk, this action also automatically enables the website visitor’s “Call” button for one-on-one voice communication with the agent via WebRTC.
- Incoming web visitor messages for the connected queue(s), automatically create a group chat discussion with all logged-in agents. Conversing agent’s chat messages appear under the “Operator name” defined in 3CX Live Chat & Talk item configuration.
- Quick actions on the top right of the discussion panel enable you to “Archive”, “Take” or “Forward” the discussion.
Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Chat Settings” to configure:
- “Notifications” - select to show chat toaster and/or web notifications
- “Play chat notification” - enable and select a personalized notification sound.
- “Block Users” - select users or extensions to block from messaging you.