Managing Hot Keys
With the “Hot Keys” feature you can manage calls using your keyboard. For example, you can answer an incoming call just by pressing the Shift + A combination on your keyboard, without opening the app. To enable Hot Keys:
- Click the “Gears” icon to access “Settings” and click on “Hot Keys”.
- The Hot Keys functionality is not enabled by default. Click on the Hot Key you want to enable and check “Enable keyboard shortcut”.
- Selecting the key combination for your Hot Key, you can combine Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys with letters and numbers. Note: Letters, numbers and special function keys (insert, delete, page up, page down, etc) have to be combined with Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys to be assigned to a Hot Key. Function keys F1 - F12 keys do not have this limitation.
Important: Do not use key combinations for Hot Keys that are already used by the Windows OS, as you will not be able to use them both at the same time.
For example, to make a call using the “Copy number from clipboard” Hot Key assigned to the “F11” key combination:
- Open a web page, text document or any file and highlight a number that you want to dial.
- Press “F11” and the number is copied automatically on your app’s dial-pad screen.
- Click the “Call” button to dial the number.
Note: For instructions on Managing BLF keys, view our article here.