To add a ring group from the 3CX Management Console:
- Select “Ring Groups”.
- Click “Add Ring Group” and define its options:
Name – the name for the ring group.
Virtual Extension Number – accept the default or specify a different one.
Ring Strategy – select the appropriate ring strategy for this ring group,
- Prioritized Hunt – ring the first extension, then the second etc
- Ring All – ring all phones at the same time.
Ring time – the time the phones should ring for.
- “Group Members” - add the extensions that belong to this ring group, moving them up or down to prioritize.
- “Direct Inbound Dialing” - optionally assign a DID number to the ring group.
- “Destination if no answer” - set the action to perform if the call is not answered by the ring group.
- Click on “OK” to save the ring group.
Note: Unlike a Call Queue, a Ring Group predetermines the available internal extensions and hunts for those, disregarding any extension(s) that become available during the ring cycle.